2019 Year in Review
AirMap’s ongoing investment and leadership in drone enablement technologies made many industry firsts possible in 2019. Together with SESAR JU GOF USPACE partners, AirMap enabled the first international drone flight from Finland to Estonia. AirMap’s UTM platform supported Volocopter’s pioneering eVTOL demonstrations in Helsinki and Singapore. As part of the UAS Integration Pilot Program (IPP), AirMap equipped the North Carolina Department of Transportation, Matternet, and UPS with the tools to safely complete drone delivery of medical samples.
AirMap worked with its partners to demonstrate real-world applications of advanced capabilities including Remote ID, geofencing, BVLOS, and dynamic routing—all of which move us closer to a drone-filled future. In September 2019, AirMap acquired Hangar Technology. Hangar’s drone automation platform gives enterprises a powerful way to bring drones safely and scalably into their day-to-day operations.
- 2019: The Year of Automation
- Advancing Drone Integration with UTM Technology
- Drone Enablement Through Strategic Partnerships
- Drone Enablement for all Stakeholders
- Towards Advanced Drone Operations
2019 By the Numbers
- 2019 Milestones
- UTM—an Essential Precursor to Tomorrow’s Urban Air Mobility Solutions